Monday, October 21, 2013

Instagram for the School District

I am a believer in Instagram!  Not only is it a fun way to document your life with pictures, or to share what is happening in your classroom, but it is also a great way to highlight all of the great things that happen throughout your school district.  Now that I am a Technology Teacher on Special Assignment, I have taken on the responsibility (or should I say fun?) of uploading pictures to our district Instagram page.  You can check out the Lakeside Union School District at "lakesideunion"  on Instagram.

I added a widget to our district website that shows the latest three pictures that were uploaded to our Instagram site.  If you are interested in doing the same, check out "Snap Widget."  If you add the free  widget to your website or blog, there will be adds on your page.  I decided the ads had to go, so I emailed the company and was pleasantly surprised when they offered me a nice discount.  You can even try it out for no cost at all to see if you like it. 

Are you using Instagram in an educational setting?  If so, please share, and don't forget to follow us at "LakesideUnion."


No comments:

Post a Comment