Friday, September 27, 2013

A New Endeavor

The new school year has been in session almost a month now, and I miss the students!  Don't get me wrong, I love my new position as a Teacher on Special Assignment in Technology, or as our superintendent calls me, a Transformation Coach.  I am to help transform teaching and learning in Lakeside.  That is a big task!

On Tuesday night of this week at Lindo Park School (where I have taught for 20 years) parents gathered in classrooms for Back to School Night, and I was home.  I had mixed feelings as I visualized what the classrooms looked like with excited (and some nervous parents. I missed meeting the parents of my new students, I missed the visits from former students who dropped by with their siblings, and I missed the excitement of getting the room and presentation ready.

Even though I am not working with the students everyday, I still have an opportunity to make a difference in their education, by teaching their teachers.  I will train teachers in my new Transformation Classroom where they will be released from class to come learn integrate technology into their curriculum in 21st century ways.  I get to attend meetings and network with others in my field, such as at the meeting at the San Diego County Office of Education on Monday, or the meeting at National University on Thursday.  I get to train teachers how to implement the digital portion of our new Language Arts curriculum (Wonders), and I get to edit our district website "http://lusd.net" and train all the site editors) , plus educate staff personnel on how to sign up to view our district's Instagram site. (Search for "lakesideunion?")

Yes, I will miss the students, but am still very excited about my new position as a Transformation Coach at the Lakeside Union School District.

No comments:

Post a Comment