Friday, October 19, 2012

Raz-Kids: My Newest Discovery!

I am always looking for great educational resources to enhance my students' learning.  Recently I heard about Raz - Kids from another teacher at my site, and I can't tell you how excited I am about this great resource!  For $89. a year each student in my class can have their own leveled books right on their iPad!  They can listen to the stories and read along, or just read it on their own.  There are comprehension questions for each story too. 



It was so easy to go in and add my students to create my class list, then add their reading level so they will have access to books at their own level.  If you don't have an iPad for each student, it is no problem.  As long as they can get to the Internet they will have access to their e-Books.  Students even have access to the website from home!  I am going to use this resource in my Universal Access (UA) class.  I have the above level students in my class, and the fact that I can have high interest stories at their level will be a huge benefit.  It will work the same for students in other UA classes who are below level.  They will have access to books at their level.  I am excited, and so are my students!

I also use these books during independent reading time.  Since every student has access to books at their own level, there is no more need to peruse the class library searching for the right book.  Students have the right books on their iPads!  Having the books right on their iPad is another advantage, since my students LOVE using their iPads!  So what are you waiting for?  Check it out at www.raz-kids.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment